Summer must have been made for Boy Scouts! This year T128 hopped from adventure to adventure, from June to August. We had a blast!
- June: Camp Powhatan – Near Radford Virginia, Camp Powhatan is the largest council camp in the United States. We chartered a bus for over 30 campers and spent a glorious week swimming, climbing, ziplining, camping, and earning bazillions of merit badges!
- July: Lenhok’sin High Adventure – We can’t get enough! This year, we sent two crews of backpackers to Lenhok’sin, a backpacking adventure through the mountains of Goshen Scout Reservation, west of Staunton Virginia. Scouts had the opportunity to select a wide variety of programs, including caving, cliff climbing, blacksmithing, and much more.
- July: Chain Bridge Provisional Troop – Camp Marriott: Once again, T128 played a big roll in giving Scouts in the district the opportunity for an extra week at camp. At least six Scouts from T128 attended Camp Marriott for a week at the Goshen Scout Reservation. Best of all, they won Troop of the Week under the leadership of a Senior Patrol Leader from T128!
- July: National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT): A troop is only as good as its boy leadership, and leaders need training. T128 sent several older Scouts to a week of NYLT.
- August: Our plans for Philmont went up in smoke, but Plan B in Yellowstone made up for it!
All told, if a T128 Scout attended every opporutnity offered, he could have spent over 30 nights camping this summer!