Below is a good checklist for three-season camping. You may need additional equipment depending on the activity in which you are participating. Check with your troop leaders for specific information.
- A duffle bag or backpack (car/plop camping may be easier with a duffle bag)
- sleeping pad
- sleeping bag or blankets appropriate for the weather
- Tent with waterproof ground cloth (shared). (T128 has tents upon request. Scouts will need to ask when they arrive for departure if they wish to check one out. If they have a tent buddy already, they just need one tent)
Eating and Drinking
- plate, bowl, and cup
- eating utensils
- headlamp w/ fresh batteries
- toiletries and lightweight towel
- Scout Handbook
- Troop 128 travels in its Class A uniform.
- Remove pins or button patches.
- Hiking boots or walking shoes recommended.
Clothes to Pack
Scouts should be prepared for mixed weather.
- 2 pr underwear
- 2 pr hiking socks
- 1 shirt
- camp shoes if you would like
- Because of the chance of rain and cool temps, moisture wicking clothes and synthetic materials are best. Avoid jeans and cotton.
- Long sleeve shirt/fleece
- Rain gear
- A sleeping cap is good for cool temps
- camp chair
- lantern for tent